Thursday, April 30, 2015

A Kentucky Sunset


"When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator." -Mahatma Ghandi

     To some this may be a cliche picture of a sunset, and that's fine. However, this picture is a representation of what I value. As you can see I am on the road, it is very common that I am driving because my world revolves around being busy and constantly on the move. For that reason I always look for whatever beauty that I can find in the world. Even with constantly being on the move there is always one thing that is in every scene no matter my location; the sky. Nothing aspires more to think critically than the sky. A picture like this jump starts my mind and gets me thinking of ways to better my life both physically and mentally. I sit and wonder to myself what it will take to be more "tranquil" and relaxed in life. Although most things never happen after being thought up, it's still nice to dream and hope.
     Where else can you find such beauty? The clouds provide that sort of "wisp" that automatically puts one at ease. They are then illuminated by the coloring of the sun as it sinks, colors becoming richer as the sun gets lower. The best part about it? Such a scene can make any landscape beautiful as long as you look at it the right way. What you can't really see if the hospital and commercial buildings and all the dingy looking cars. Honestly it doesn't matter that those are there; all I can focus on is the beauty of the sky.
     For me there's some sort of peace in a picture like this. No book can capture a scene like this. It is something that you have to experience on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment