Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Blog #4

In class, we discussed how Foltz believes that we do not have to have a scientific background about a place to have an aesthetic appreciation for it. For example, ever summer my family takes a trip to Cave Run Lake down in Morehead, KY. I don't know anything historically about the lake. I couldn't even tell you how long the lake has been around. But, I still have an appreciation for the lake. I can lay on the front of the boat as we travel around the lake and enjoy the scenery of the trees and the hills around me. I can ski or wakeboard behind the boat and have an aesthetically pleasing experience for the different view I have while I'm traveling across the water behind a boat. So, I agree with Foltz in that one does not have to have scientific knowledge in order to aesthetically appreciate a landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment