Monday, March 3, 2014

Blog #6

In contradiction with Carlson, I believe Foltz has a valuable argument in the sense that we don't need to know a landscapes full scientific background in order to appropriately appreciate it. This upcoming weekend I will be visiting Gatlinburg for about the tenth time in my life, and I still wouldn't be able to tell you it's historical significance or background. I am unable to tell you the names of all the plants I see on walking trails in the mountains, or all knowledge of hiking safety, but I am still able to enjoy the scenery. I am able to look out over the mountains and see the detail and color, and have an emotional appreciation with the landscape and nature. I am able to see Gatlinburg as a whole and as beautiful, without knowing all the pieces of information about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment