Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blog #5

Something that has been on my mind was Carlson placing myth in the secondary category when we discussed the correct curriculum for aesthetic appreciation. Now I could see why Carlson would put myth in the secondary but thinking about it, myth can in a lot of ways prove to be very helpful in having aesthetic appreciation. For example there are many cultures that have myths that help explain why things are in place and knowing that can provide a richer experience when in nature. I am a big fan of Greek mythology and for example they give an interesting way of describing how mountains came to be. I know these are myths that more than likely didn't happen that way but knowing myths like that give me richer experiences and better appreciation like when I see mountains. I am only simply defending how myth could prove to be more helpful than before realizing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment