Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blog #6 Austin Justice

Have you ever felt as though you don't belong somewhere? My dad and I recently attended the 2013 Wild Card Playoff Game between my beloved San Diego Chargers and the Cincinnati Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio. Allen Carlson discusses the beauty of man-made buildings; Paul Brown Stadium is a fine example of a beautiful man-made structure. The simplicity of seating arrangements is contrasted with the complexity of amenities and attractions around the stadium. I had never previously attended a game of my favorite NFL team; therefore, I seized the opportunity to make the trip to downtown Cincinnati. Now, I can wholeheartedly suggest that being on the outside looking in is one of the most frightening feelings in existence. Furthermore, my fundamental flaw is getting overly passionate about certain subjects to a fault. I was extremely concerned with the fate of my favorite football team, which was out of my control. My dad and I wanted to grab a bite to eat beforehand, but each and every restaurant was filled to maximum capacity with Cincinnati Bengals fans. I couldn't comprehend this; here is an organization without a playoff win in over two decades and their fans still show their loyalty? Out of the 65,535 seats in Paul Brown Stadium, I would predict that 60,000 seats belonged to Bengals fans while 5,535 seats belonged to Chargers fans. My dad and I were situated in excellent seats; they were nestled next to the Chargers' tunnel. The cramped, crowded conditions of the entire stadium rendered me overheated as time ticked on. My dad and I each had four layers of clothing on for the entirety of the game; it was merely suffocating, to say the least. The electrifying, engaging atmosphere never ceased to exist; the crowd continually raised its voice to cheer on "its" team. Considering the fact that Carlson integrates scientific knowledge and common sense into his Natural Environmental Model, I also utilized his approach while watching the game. Since I understand the complexities and intricacies of human anatomy, as well as the rules and regulations of the NFL, I was able to more effectively appreciate and apprehend the situation at-hand. It was truly an experience unlike any other. The San Diego Chargers always fight until the bitter end, which is why I've always been a fervent fan of the organization. How did the game turn out? San Diego Chargers 27, Cincinnati Bengals 10. (When I attend a San Diego Chargers' game, the team is 1-0!) Sincerely, Austin Justice

No comments:

Post a Comment