Sunday, February 3, 2013

blog 4

In this blog I wanted to discuss the movie we watched in class, the grizzly man. While we were watching the film I thought it was interesting that this man was involved with cohabitation with grizzly bears. I thought it was a new and intriguing way to view nature and was a way to truly see nature without human hands being involved. I did not realize that this man died during his thirteenth summer in Alaska by the bears he was studying until later in the film. I think people truly noticed his work due to his unfortunate passing. After the watching the movie, a student said something interesting that I had not thought of and that was that this man lost himself in nature. He no longer was experiencing nature from an outside perspective to gain knowledge, but rather lost himself in nature and his work. I feel as though if he would of stayed cognitive of the fact that he was human and could die at any second due to the wild nature of these animals, he could still be alive today.

No comments:

Post a Comment