Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Blog #5: Godlovitch

I just wanted to comment on the point of view that Godlovitch says we should take in the selection we read from him. As I understand it, Godlovitch says that we need to get rid of all centrisms (antthropocentrism, etc.) and that we should the point of view of nature (or the point of view of nothing as it was stated in class I believe). Well my question to this is simple, is attaining this point of view even possible? How can you have a point of view that is not natural and that humans do no not normally have? Even if one thinks that they have achieved this point of view, isn't it possible that they in fact haven't because they never have before and therefore cannot be sure when they actually get there? Hopefully my questions make sense. I am just trying to get at the point that I am not even sure that this point of view Godlovitch is talking about is possible to have. I'm leaning toward it not being possible.

1 comment:

  1. Good questions. Saito would agree with much of what you say here.

    ReplyDelete