Friday, February 1, 2013

Blog #4: Reflections on The Grizzly Man

Before Wednesday's class I had never even heard of Tim Treadwell. While I was watching the film I kept thinking that this did not feel like it was real. I mean people just don't do that kind of thing and at times I almost felt like his videos were fake or a joke. However, while I feel that Treadwell was really out there and a little crazy with how far he took his love for grizzly bears, I can respect the footage and some of the incredibly beautiful scenes that he captured. Never in my life have I seen images of bears or even foxes from that close up. The one that absolutely astounded me the most was the clip where Treadwell was in an open field and a bear approached him and he stuck his hand out and the bear was smelling his finger just like a little house dog would do. I watched that part in complete awe because I have just never seen anything like it before. So while I would NEVER even consider doing what Tim Treadwell did for so many summers, I can honestly say that I enjoyed his footage and I respect that because I do not think that it is possible to capture some of that beauty like he did unless you are crazy and do ridiculous things.

No comments:

Post a Comment