Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Blog 5: A Recent Experience

Just a few days ago, a friend and I decided to take a run outside because it was such a nice day. We ran about three miles through Edgewood, and I was really surprised about all the natural beauty we found there. We found two parks, some beautiful landscaping, and just some little nooks and crannies that we found interesting. We passed the nature trail that Rachel mentioned in class, and maybe sometime soon I will have to venture out again and actually go down the trail. Even in the middle of town, I found that it was possible to find some really aesthetically pleasing and beautiful parts of nature. We were nowhere close to the wilderness, and yet, I felt closer with nature just by being outside and seeing new things. I find that I have been disconnected with the outside and nature, as are many other kids and young adults of our generation. Unfortunately, most of the time I can really relate to the quote by Nicholas Carr, “There is no Sleepy Hollow on the Internet, no peaceful spot where contemplativeness can work its restorative magic. There is only the endless, mesmerizing buzz of the urban street.”

 President's Park in Edgewood

No comments:

Post a Comment