Sunday, March 10, 2013

Blog #7: Things that make you go, "Hmm..."

I recently came across this quote and it really resonated with me, just thought I'd share it with you guys.

"When we destroy something created by man, we call it vandalism. When we destroy something created by nature, we call it progress."
                                                                -Ed Begley Jr.

Sadly, I think there's a lot of truth in this assertion. Why is human achievement regarded so highly over that of all other things? A spider, although I hate them, works just as hard to spin its intricate web as humans do to do other things. Why then is it alright to carelessly destroy the spider's environment, but when someone commits arson or some other crime, that's all of a sudden unacceptable? Although I certainly don't condone arson, it's definitely something to think about. Vandalism vs. progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment