Monday, March 11, 2013

Kestrel's Eye (Blog 8)

I'll be honest- this is not the type of movie I would like to watch in everyday life. Like many of the other bloggers, I would have probably been able to appreciate the film more if it had some type of narration. For me, it was just hard to concentrate. However, in the context of this class, I found it useful and interesting. This film really helped me to relate to Carlson's idea that we can have a better aesthetic appreciation of something if we scientifically understand it.

On another note, I don't know a lot about birds so I looked up the American cousin of the European kestrel. I found that it is a sparrow hawk, which is a small falcon. It is the only kestrel found in the Americas and it is the most common falcon in North America. This is all according to Wikipedia, so correct me if I am wrong. Anyway, here are some images of the sparrow hawk:





No comments:

Post a Comment