Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Blog 10: Sauntering

Though I'm posting this a few days late, I did take a "saunter" on Monday after work. I feel like there aren't many places on TMC's campus to really get away from it all so to speak, so instead I took my dog with me and went to Mills Road Park Monday evening. I had never been there before, but I knew there were supposedly some decent walking trails.

I was pretty surprised, not just by the trails (which weren't too bad) but by the overall experience. I put my phone on silent (ideally, I probably wouldn't have brought it at all but being alone in the woods I thought that a bad idea.) I tried to clear my mind, and walk around just engaged with nature and what was going on around me. As Bugbee said, you really kind of have to be the tree to understand the tree. I felt like I really connected to nature, and being super stressed lately I really felt like it relieved a lot of that in a way similar to what exercise does.

Also, I found a bridge while I was walking and took a picture, since I did still have my phone. There were a few ducks in the pond on the left side at the front, but I don't think you can tell from the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment