Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Nature in Movies! Wild America (Blog 9)

Because I am a Cinephile (lover/obsessed with movies) and we talked about how Nature is portrayed in movies in class, I figured I would discuss an old favorite inspirational movie which portrays experience and conservation within Nature.  It is a very special under appreciated movie and I really wish more people would watch it: Wild America.
 
Based on a true story, the film is about three brothers who decide to travel across America and capture animals (especially endangered) with their video camera.  If we accept Leopold who says Nature includes everything within the background, animals are Nature... trying to protect and show them [Here I go with an animal rant again :p] is a benefit or good thing. In a way they are like Timothy Treadwell because several times they risk their necks out in the movie just to shoot these animals, but in the end it is worth it.  The real brothers have become well known photographers and have also captured incredible moments through film. Anyways,  every time I watch this movie it moves me for several reasons and it shows natural environments like we saw in Dead Zone and The Searchers.  I would highly recommend this movie--it is funny, touching, and inspiring!  Plus it has Jonathan Taylor Thomas in it.



The three brothers just shot some wild horses and are now try to get in their car before they are stamped to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment