Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Extra Blog: My "Aimless" Walk

So, I almost forgot to do this after I left class yesterday, but I am happy to report that I did indeed take an "aimless" walk around the grounds of my home when I got home. I think it is somewhat humorous to call it "aimless" considering I basically planned to do it at some point. I did not, however, have any idea what time I was going to do it, so I guess that was a good thing. Anyway, on to what happened on my walk.

I was walking around the field behind my house on my family's farm and I started again to think about the end of life. I'm not sure why my mind went here, but I went with it. Something just wandering causes my mind to get onto the subject of the end of life and how I can prepare for it. This got me back to thinking about my faith and how I view the end of life. Long story short, I feel that the end of life will bring a sweet release after a lifetime of living in a fallen world. Just like a feel a sort of release, on a much smaller scale, when I walk in nature.

Well, that was my experience. I hope it wasn't too boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment