Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Blog #9: Random Musings

I've always been attracted to the charm of New England, especially the area up around Maine along the coast. Something about lighthouses intrigues me; that kind of quaint, old town rustic atmosphere.






Also, I think Europe's landscapes have a certain element to them lacking in many American landscapes... Not necessarily for better or worse, it just invokes a different kind of emotion.









I've always wanted to go to Ireland, so I thought an Irish landscape would be appropriate... I love the medieval feel of much of Europe.


Now some American landscapes:





As I said, both beautiful but it's a different kind of awe-inspiring. Also, one thing I've noticed. Do a simple google image search of "beautiful landscapes."

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1680&bih=908&q=beautiful+landscapes&oq=beautiful+landscapes&gs_l=img.3..0l10.1268.6163.0.6278.24.12.2.10.9.0.56.608.12.12.0...0.0...1ac.1.8.img.NRYIt7R8jxc

The above is a link to my google search.

There is one recurring theme in almost all of the pictures: water. Why is it that we associate waterways with beauty? Just something I noticed that started to irk me a little bit. Not that I find water inherently unattractive, quite the opposite really. But the fact that water is in about 90% of these images begs the question, "What is it about bodies of water that we find so desirable?"


























No comments:

Post a Comment