Sunday, April 21, 2013

Bugbee, July 20th

This day has a tiny part I feel I can actually relate to and understand.
"Whatever we find beautiful, ...right, ...true, [also] invites disbelief and arbitrariness..."
This makes me think about my faith in God. He is the one thing throughout my life on this earth that I have seen to be true with me and not once, turned his back on me. I believe he is my lord and savior and above all. But I have had moments questioning my faith, like why is it that I feel so strongly about God? Why do I have such a strong desire to spend the rest of eternity with Him and gain acceptance to walk through those pearly gates of heaven the bible talks so much about? Why do I believe this stuff?? And the reason is NOT because "that's just how my parents raised me to think" because I know plenty of people with Christian/Religious parents and families who want nothing to do with religion and/or God. No matter how hardcore the rest of the family may be about Jesus Christ some people just don't understand him, and really have no interest in trying to understand. There used to be times I doubted my true worth in His eyes, on this earth, I knew He loved me but I didn't really understand how much. I've had my talks with Him along my uphill battles with myself but I have finally reached a point in my life that I am truly happy with. He is what's beautiful to me and the only unbelievable part of is the amount of love he has for me, as well as for the rest of His children. It's crazy incredible, and even though I am still facing elements of the earth that are trying to make me believe my faith is "arbitrary", I refuse to let that poison my mind. I know who my God is and I have all that evidence I need from my own life's experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment