Monday, January 14, 2013

Blog 1/ Koy Film

Hello anyone who reads this!

My name is Sara Edmondson and I am a English Major Junior at TMC.   I agree with some of you that the film Koyaanisquatsi is an eye-opener in my opinion. The techniques the director used really makes you stop and see the outside of the world we live in from a different perspective.  As I am more of a Wind/Water lover than an Earth/Fire lover, I really enjoyed those parts better such as the wind carrying sand in the Sahara or the moving waves in the ocean.  I usually don't have an emotional response to rocks (sorry, geologists!) very often, so I was a little bored in the beginning.  Also, I have a duality to my thought about nature.  I love natural environments but I also love city life and architecture, which is why one of my favorite scenes was the overlook of nightlife in the city and the sped up moving of headlights on the cars (I also thought the music composition fit in well with what was being displayed there).  Because of my duality, I am nervous about this class but looking forward to learning more about the subject in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment