Thursday, January 31, 2013

Historical Foundations



            I found this introduction to the section to be very interesting and insightful.  It said the common theme among the writers is a passionate love and concern for the well-being of nature.  From what we have read so far of this section, I believe this has truly been a common theme.  I found the next section discusses the changing attitudes to be interesting as it related to biology, which is my major.  I believe that today, biology consists of science involving the natural history and physical science.  We analyze things base on primary properties that are measureable and other secondary qualities that cannot be measured such as taste, smell and sound.  I find the fact that both scientists and nature  poets both wrote about aesthetic and scientific comments in their writings show how similar the two fields are.  While their general purposes are different, they both can also lead to an appreciation and conservation efforts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment