Saturday, January 12, 2013

Koyaanisqatsi and a bit about me

Hi my name is Ashley Lewis. I am a sophomore Sociology major and minoring in Criminal Justice. I have not taken a philosophy class yet and really hoping to like this one. So far I have found this class to be quite interesting. At the start of Koyaanisqatsi I wasn't sure I was going to like it. After a while I began to find the images to be quite peaceful until they turn to a more urban environment. I think the director of this film is trying to convey the message that there is beauty in everything, the only problem is sometimes its hard to see where. The images of the trash in the street and the buildings being blown up I think are trying to symbolize that things aren't always so pretty looking but there are things that come out of those not so good looking images that are more appealing to the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment