Friday, January 17, 2014

Blog #1



For me, I do not go out and look for something that is beautiful.  Instead, I try to see things through my children's eyes.  The four of them can and do find beauty and mystery in everything that they encounter.  My favorite place to take them is to a lake or river.  They love watching the water flow naturally and "investigating" the area around the water.  Looking at the rocks or plant life.  My younger two love watching my older two doing things that they can not do yet.  The look in their eyes as they are experiencing new things and appreciating the world for what it is naturally is the best way to see things.  As adults we see a rock and its just a rock and we move on right past it.  As a child, they look at the rock and notice its color, texture, placement, ect.  Children have such an open mind and it hurts my heart knowing that sooner rather than later, they will all lose some degree of this mentality.  

No comments:

Post a Comment