Thursday, January 16, 2014

My Dorm Room and Window View blog 1

The other day as I sat I my dorm room thinking about what I was going to post for this blog I realized that my dorm room is a place I spend a lot of my time in. In Murphy hall on the top floor is where my room is. I am amazed by all of the things I have in my room, it is organized but cluttered. To think that I need as much stuff as I have brought with me seems amazing. The window shows a view of the woods behind Murphy which at the moment is dead and bare. It seems very peaceful out there. All the green and life seems to be gone, but every once in a while if you look out long enough you can see some of the animals running around out there like bunnies and blue jays and it just seems so amazing how they are able to survive and live out in the cold winter. We as humans  have all our things, clothing, and material possessions to live on but these animals use the resources around them to survive.

2 comments:

  1. Looking out at the nature in the winter always seems to amaze me. How is that humans can't handle the winter, but tiny little creatures can? Winter is a time of bitterness, death, and bareness, in which some may believe it is ugly, but there is still beauty in it, if you just take the time to look at what lies behind the surface.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems as though we tend to get caught up in such trivial matters at times. If we merely take a moment of our day to reflect on what is truly important, however, I firmly belive that we can learn to correctly appreciate the natural world around us. Although we're all only human, we can certainly do our part in an attempt to preserve the natural world that touches our lives in so many ways. While materialism and a sense of entitlement plagues mainstream society today, I realize that nature exists as an escape for humanity because it is innocent. The flora and fauna across the globe seek to thrive in their respective environments. We can all come together to ensure that this is the case. Also, the natural world isn't just present in nature itself; rather, it exists all around us (our home, our vacation destinations, etc.). Once an individual comprehends the utter significance of the beauty of his/her environment, he/she can take steps to take care of it.

    ReplyDelete