Friday, January 24, 2014

Blog #2 Austin Justice

Although pristine, untouched nature is predominantly associated with the concept of beauty, I firmly believe that beauty exists across the globe in our everyday lives. On October 13, 2013, I was fortunate enough to make my way down to Huntington, West Virginia with my father. Since I had never wholeheartedly experienced a live performance by my favorite singer-songwriter, Jason Mraz, we opted to take the three hour journey into unfamiliar territory. This musical performance offered its audience entertainment, humor and a night to remember. We paid particular attention to the venue where the concert would take place, the Keith Albee Theater. This magnificent theater was constructed amongst the chaos of downtown Huntington, West Virginia in 1928 under the supervision of vaudeville tycoons Edward Albee and B.F. Keith. It is regarded as part of the Huntington Downtown Historical District. As I sauntered along the slender streets, I became one with nature. It was truly an experience unlike anything I've ever come into contact with through the entirety of my existence. I encourage everyone to take time to escape from mainstream society and common culture in life. You never know what lies beyond your own personal perspective. Sincerely, Austin Justice

No comments:

Post a Comment