Thursday, January 16, 2014

My Sleepy Hollow

I consider my Sleepy Hollow to be in the gym. The sounds of the weights hitting the ground, and people grunting as they struggle to lift the weights, and getting lost in the words of my favorite workout song to the point where I lose count of my reps bring me joy. The smell of body odor, and the over whelming feeling of joy I have after my body is so beat down that I can not do another set are the sensations that bring me to my happy place, which I can often find at the gym. It seems like no matter where my mind is or how my day is going, I can always find peace with myself in the gym. The longer and more stressful my day is, the longer and more productive my workout is. It's safe to say that working up a sweat and losing myself when trying to push through a workout as my Sleepy Hollow.

No comments:

Post a Comment