Monday, January 27, 2014

Brookville Indiana blog #2


 A place that I find beautiful and Picturesque is a place I found recently located on a good friends of mines farm in Brookville Indiana. Most of my life I have grown up in the suburbs or in the city, and have not experience Outdoors as much as I would like. The farm is mainly a cattle farm but it has many other vegetation’s and livestock on it.   The point of the farm that pleases me the most is a point that sits up on a hill and overlooks his 800 acres his family has farmed for generations.  The spot is breathtaking because you're sitting up high taking everything in underneath you. This farm is a breeding ground for a lot of natural species because it has running water and plenty of vegetation.    I have never witnessed things like wild turkeys, coyotes, foxes, beavers, and turtles in their natural habitats. Only in the zoo I witness animals like the ones that I see on his property. The fact that I am not looking at these animals through the cage, but observing these animals were they actually live breed and feed is fascinating to me. I often find myself bringing binoculars taking the occasional hike, getting way from the everyday struggle of life.

1 comment:

  1. Brookville is great. I completely relate to your experience. If you ever get a chance check out wolf creek sanctuary nearby and have a live wolf encounter. its worth the time

    ReplyDelete