Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blog #1

When choosing a place that has a true impact on my life, I had a difficult time only choosing one. But now after truly considering different places from my life, I chose my Granny and Pap's old house. This house is located on hundreds of acres in the middle of nowhere, with miles of corn and bean crops. In the front of the house is two large pine trees that are connected, leaving a "secret hideaway" for me and my cousins. Having such acreage, only led to worry from my Granny about where we'd run off to, because she had realized this was a place of adventure and innocent rebellion. The land gave us a place to get lost in the corn, explore through the old barns, and just be kids. When driving by, this house only brings back memories of my childhood and all the times I was able to enjoy with my family. This house is a simple, yet sad, reminder of growing up, and losing the adventures of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment