Thursday, May 8, 2014

Blog 11 - Stars

As the semester comes to an end, I can't help but to reflect on everything we have talked about and studied and find that there is one thing left to reflect on in terms of aesthetic appreciation - the sky. It cannot fit into some of the models that we discussed because it is not a traditional landscape - we cannot compare it to a painting of a landscape or many other things but the stars are the genesis of our world - they make up the very elements that we are made of. The stars are us and we are the stars. The best way to demonstrate the point I am trying to make, I will share with you one of my favorite videos that sends chills down my spine each time I watch it. In this video, the scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson explains what he believes to be the most astounding fact. I recommend that you all watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment