Monday, May 5, 2014

Blog #9 Austin Justice

When I went up to Erie, Pennsylvania in order to participate in the 2014 President's Athletic Conference Men's Tennis Tournament, I had absolutely no idea of what to expect. Once we arrived at our hotel, most of my teammates decided to take a trip over to Lake Erie after walking through the wilderness. Aside from the ecological and environmental issue of an enormous amount of deceased fish around the outskirts of the lake, it was beautiful and breathtaking to witness with my own eyes. The sense of the sacred was entirely evident by the amount of pristine nature prevalent around me. It was refreshing to experience a reality where manmade structures didn't dominate the landscape and where I could escape into a natural environment that was created in a distinctly different manner. I was profoundly impacted by Lake Erie, as well as the opportunity to represent Thomas More College, and I look forward to the next chance to do so again.

No comments:

Post a Comment