Monday, May 5, 2014

Blog #8 Austin Justice

As I reflect on my own personal experiences at Thomas More College, I am inclined to investigate the Polar Vortex that sent chills down our spines and froze our very minds. I've always wholeheartedly loved the brutal oppression of a hot, humid summer day; therefore, I was absolutely "astounded" to find myself caught in one of the worst winter storms in a while for this particular portion of the nation. In terms of beauty, snow is an integral part of the experience of life because it looks lovely as it drifts down softly onto the ground below. When taking into account common knowledge, religious inclinations and scientific information, we can perceive this beauty to derive itself from God because as Martin Heidegger explains, "nature, as a realm of objectivity, was itself shaped historically through the onto-theological concept of nature as ens creatum” (Foltz 212).” Therefore, I retain an attitude of gratitude for having the opportunity to experience this winter wonderland for myself because it also brought me closer to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment