Wednesday, May 7, 2014



For the past three years I've been taking a picture of the sunset from a dock in Fort Walton Beach Florida. There is just something about this view that has been inspiring me to capture it time and time again.  While on Spring Break a group of students travel to Fort Walton Beach Florida to volunteer for habbitat for humanity.  And every year we arrive at this volunteer's house for dinner and time to relax by the water.  For the past three years I stand on this dock and take it all in, especially the beautiful sunset.  I love this photo and have such an aesthetic appreciation for this photo because it brings back a lot of personal positive memories for me.  It also reminds me of how much I do appreciate nature and how I am inclinded to capture moments of natural beauty when they arise.  So my appreciation for this particular scene is that of personal value. Not scientific, not natural history, or object, just aesthetics of engagement and the positive emotion that it strirs within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment