Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Coasta Rica!!!

In the summer of 2011, The womens' soccer team took a fifteen day trip to Coasta Rica.  I participated on the trip, and saw nature as beautiful as I have ever seen it.  This is a photo I took from our bus as we entered the city of La Fortuna.  This is the volcano present in that city named Arenal.  I love this photo because it provides tremendous detail.  First the little shop you see in the foreground along with the moon hanging in the background of the sky really provides the scaling for this towering volcano.  The feeling of sublimity is present just when I am viewing this photograph however, the feeling I had when I was actually there was much greater.  The way the moon is shining in the background with the clouds wrapping around it really provides the landscape with an even more picturesque quality.  When I am appreciating this image I feel more inclined to appreciate it from a landscape model view.  Although it is evident that we could appreciate it from Carlson's point of view with scientific knowledge and natural history, I notice the landscape and the sublimity overpowers my appreciation rather than trying to break it down into concrete knowledge.




No comments:

Post a Comment