Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Blog Post 12

Oddly enough, one of my favorite subjects in school is mathematics, which is also because this is one of my best subjects.  While most people would not think math is interesting or beautiful, I tend to disagree.  I am fascinated by the rhythms and patterns that appear throughout all of mathematics.  There is something very pleasuring about performing math problems or taking a test and figuring out the pattern that follows.  While one may think that math is based solely on logic, it actually has beauty when you get good enough to derive these patterns and numbers.  This past semester I finished my last math course here at Thomas More, which was calculus.  One you get into the knack of deriving numbers and finding limits, it gets easier and it paints a picture in my head of what it should look like mathematically and graphically.  This makes the subject both pleasing and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment