Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Dreaming of Outdoors



This picture isn't really good, but this is a poster in my office that says "Outdoors" at the top.  Ironically I work for an organization whose big focus is getting more people outside.  However, I work in an office in the middle of a city away from nature.  My view versus the view of the people we inspire to go outdoors is completely different.  I like to think that their ability to experience and appreciate the beauty of nature outweighs my inability to do the same (or at least to do it as frequently).  The more people can have any sort of experience with nature that allows for appreciation, the better.  Many people do not get to experience much nature due to urbanization and the clean-cut suburbs.  It may even be more important to increase opportunity for appreciation rather than coming up with a framework to evaluate the appropriateness of appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment