Friday, February 3, 2012

Blog 4: Going for a Walk


The back 45

I’m not a big fan of walking. However, my mom is which results in her being constantly on the move. In fact, I often find it difficult to keep up with her quick pace. Mainly she walks because of the heart benefits of exercise. Although it’s where she chooses to walk which makes me wonder if she also walks simply for the aesthetic experience. She walks on nature trails, up and down our driveway, at the park, and has covered nearly every inch of our farm. However, she has never been a member at a gym and rarely ever touches the treadmill we gave her as a Christmas present a while ago. She much prefers to be outside. In a sense it is a type of renewal for her. It’s evident that she feels better after walking. Her favorite place to walk is what we call the back 45. It is a small area on our farm that is quite picturesque. The trees are parted perfectly in the shape of a T and a meadow is formed in the center. A sense of peace is present and one cannot help but feel in awe of nature’s beauty. Although my mom is the one that visits the back 45 the most, our entire family seems to gravitate to this space. My aunt was even proposed to there. There is truly something unique about this place that drives even me to go for a walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment