Thursday, February 9, 2012

Isle of Palms, SC - Blog #5

My girlfriend's family took me on a week long trip over the summer to the Isle of Palms, SC.  I have to say this is one of the most relaxing places I have ever been.  I didn't think it was anything special as I was driving over the mile long bridge, but once I got there I understood why people love this place.  The long beach was perfect for relaxing in the sun and the ocean was amazing.  The tides varied each night so it was interesting to go walk the beach while the sun was rising to see all the different types of marine life and sea shells washed up on the beach.  The locals told us that it was common to run across snakes or alligators on the beach, thank God we didn't!  Everyone is so calm and nice so it was pleasing to get away to an unfamiliar area which was so relaxed all the time.  The sun setting in the evening was perfect, the way it glistened off the water made you feel apart of the atmosphere.  I loved this place and would recommend it to everybody.



No comments:

Post a Comment