Thursday, February 2, 2012

Gatlinburg

 Gatlinburg Tennessee, home of the Smoky Mountains has one of the best national parks I've ever been to. Their national park is kept perfectly preserved and it's natural resources left untouched to take their course and run wild. The Smoky Mountains national park is also one of the most visited parks in the country and if you've ever been you know why. It has the peacful relaxation quality, as well as a long historical value. It's easy to picture what it must have been like for the Cherokee indians who lived there nearly 1,000 years ago.

1 comment:

  1. My family and I went to Gatlinburg - and stayed at Ober-Gatlinburg - years ago. That was a wonderful experience. I remember very distinctly driving up those narrow, windy mountain roads surrounded by forests on all sides, the mountains eveloped in dense fog. I cannot remember too many specifics except the fog-covered hills and wet forests.

    ReplyDelete