Wednesday, February 1, 2012

British Museum


When I was a sophomore in high school my mom, grandma, and I went to visit my grandma's family in England. We first arrived in London and stayed there for 5 days; while we were there one of the first places we went to was the British Museum. I had always dreamed of going to the British Library that was in the Museum and when I finally was able to go I was thrilled!! The reason that I consider this a "home away from home" is because I was able to completely enwrap myself up in the architecture of the museum itself, as well the library, the books and works of literature the library possessed, and just everything that anyone could wish for! If I could, I would stay in the library for days and once I was finished looking through everything that I possibly could I would then begin to go from exhibit to exhibit in the museum and begin to take in everything possible there. The serenity that is present in the library/museum is just unbelievable; even though there were multitudes of people present while I was there I couldn't seem to even truly notice their presence due to the overwhelming calmness that I receive from being in the museum/library!

No comments:

Post a Comment