Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Weary Winter

Whenever this time of the year comes around, I will not lie, my mood does change in a way. I'd rather it be 75 degrees and sunny everyday. Now, I do not hate everything about winter, I love the snow and plus my birthday is right in the middle of it, so there are some things that I look forward to. Another reason why winter seems to be one of the worst times of the year for me is because it's right in the middle of two sports that I enjoy playing and watching, which are baseball and football. Some winter's are worse than others, and I must say that this winter has been a bit warmer than usual so it does put me in a better mood.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't the shadow prove the sunshine, so to speak?

    I think I appreciate spring all the more because it follows winter; because it's not spring all the time. Not being able to have "perfect weather" all the time allows you to value it as a gift when you have it.

    In addition, inclimate weather makes you feel not so bad on days when you want to be lazy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its interesting how the amount of sunshine we get affects our mood. I too have a little bit of a mood change in the winter, and I think its because there's hardly ever sunshine, its darker earlier, and the cold never helps. I'm not a person that likes cold at least, I'm sure Thoreau or Muir think otherwise. Is the winter a dismal swamp then? Should we find it just as beautiful as the other seasons?

    ReplyDelete