Thursday, February 9, 2012

Outside Adventures! (Blog #5)

The other day when we went outside for class, I was excited!  I love being outside and experiencing this world that was created.  I learn a lot differently when I'm outside vs. inside.   When I'm outside I get a sense of being and what my purpose is here.  I realized how miniature I am compared to the huge oak tree or campus building.  Life isn't simply about living and dying, there is more, and we as humans need to go explore what the meaning of life is.  I reached a sense of place, that TMC, my house, Friday's, the hospital, etc. are all things that affect how we live.  The mall, for instance, affects how we go about caring for ourselves.  Getting the right clothes and shoes and perfumes and what not isn't what makes us live, however I believe that is what some people live for.  If you were to go in a church, that might change your perspective on life.  You experience the presence of God, receive his body and blood, and confess your sins.  Church is a place that makes you feel good.  If we go let's say to the Bronx of New York, then our sense of place may seem violated or threatened.  It is weird how we are affected by places, but makes us realize what is important to us, and what really life is about.    

No comments:

Post a Comment