Thursday, February 2, 2012

South Dakota (Blog 4)

This was one of the longest trips I have ever taken so far in my life!  I traveled to lovely South Dakota to see Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, and the Black Hills.  This is the Black Hills, and it was amazing.  I never expected it to look this way, it was very quite and there were lots of signs to watch for snakes..ew.  When driving to the Black Hills we were stopped by herds of buffalo, something I have never encountered before.  It was actually really funny!  The whole drive during South Dakota was pure flat lands and if you were lucky you may see a random tree.  It was sort of creepy because you would see a random house and nothing around it and nothing was close for at least 50 miles...it was almost like one of those scary movies where the creeper lives alone in a shackled house in the middle of nowhere scenes.  It was a whole different scene in this place, but it makes you realize how small you really are in this world.  In this picture, words can't even describe the beauty that God created in this earth.  It makes you reflect on what's really important in life and what true beauty is.  Natural.  I really loved this trip because not only did it get me away from Kentucky, but it got me away from reality and let me see what it really means to let go.  Plus the whole car trip could give you time to think for how long the ride was haha.  I really enjoyed it and hope to keep going on fun vacations like these!

No comments:

Post a Comment