Thursday, February 16, 2012

Driving through Indiana

Im not sure if you can see it to well but I took this picture driving through Indiana last weekend. It is a picture of beams of sunlight streaming through clouds. It just really made me think of a discussion we had in class about how people may experience this phenomenon and believed it to be Godly. I just so happened to catch it on camera and immediately thought of that particular class discussion. After reflecting on the picture I thought about if I were to paint this how would I alter it to look how I perceived it or how I found it aesthetically pleasing. I think I would take my dashboard out of the picture, possibly the road, and maybe even the electrical  lines. That is when I realized I would be taking everything that is human out of the picture until everything left is what I perceive as natural. I am also guilty of thinking that things that are human are not natural. That in order for beauty to be seen it has to be fully natural and will alter the actual experience to my perception.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, find 'man-made' objects to alter the mood in photos of nature. Recently I took a photo of a double rainbow but you could see some houses and the highway in the photo as well. It took a little bit away from the grandeur of the rainbows.

    ReplyDelete