Saturday, April 14, 2012

2 Cellos

Ok so I don't know about all of you but I'm the occasional U2 fan. I have a friend of mine who is OBSESSED with music and one day he should me these two amazing men! They play cellos, acoustic and electric, depending on the song. One of my favorite U2 songs is "With or Without You" and so while trying to find out more about these guys I found that they had done a version of the song. I heard it and almost cried it was so amazing. Yes silence can be beautiful as can a lyrical song, but I think the most beautiful is the combination, a non-lyrical song can say more sometimes than any lyrical song. I urge you all to listen to this song and check these guys out. They are mostly a cover-band style doing songs from Guns'n'roses to U2 to Michael Jackson. I don't watch Glee but I have also been told that they have performed on that show as well! Check it out and hopefully you'll be able to appreciate the sound as much as I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=0UyEtlJfG_Q

1 comment:

  1. Alright so I checked out these cello guys. I listened to the U2 as well as a few other covers they did including Nirvana. I will say its kinda hard to look like a jamming rockstar when you're sitting in a chair with a cello, but I will also say that it sounded awesome! Pretty amazing what people can do today with classic instruments. Visualy, not so aesthetically pleasing. As for the sound, I can say i enjoyed that.

    ReplyDelete