Monday, April 23, 2012

Silence

I think it's hard sometimes when we're just trying to enjoy the silence, or the sounds that are around us without trying to make any ourselves. Like driving in your car with the windows up and the radio off, if you're by yourself and you're just looking for peace and quiet it can do just the opposite. Too many sounds going on can be chaotic and lead to a migrane, but if you're stressed out and have the radio on even if it's not tuned in to your favorite song, it's easier to relax. Most of the time sounds like birds chirping or even cars  driving by, I've been accustomed to sort of block out, if I wasn't listening for a particular sound to be made then I might miss them entirely. It seems a lot of people haven't really appreciated sounds around them when their out doors because they weren't the ones making them, and we usually are so preoccupied with other things on our mind that it doesn't seem important.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, in a society that promotes constant communication these days via either smart phones, radio, television, and etc. its hard to take time away and enjoy silence. Granted this isn't our faults were just merely a product of our environment. However, I think it's great to challenge yourself even if its just for an hour to go completely MIA and use that time to listen to nature.

    During the listening I was amazed at all the other noises I was able to hear besides the obvious bird chirps. I liked it, it gave me the opportunity to think and relax. Each night before bed I open windows an just sit in silence this is the most calming part of my days. It really can keep you balanced.

    ReplyDelete