Monday, April 23, 2012

Keeping animals away for their own good

Recently found the pictures that I thought applied to the grizzly man movie... I know it was awhile ago that we watched it. In the picture below is a alligator that was living in the lake behind my parents home in Florida. We found these guys removing the gator because they do not want to let them get to comfortable with humans. If they become adjusted to humans feeding them or being around them they lose their fear of humans. Not only is this dangerous because they themselves are dangerous. But, it can be harmful and unnatural in their environment for us to be a part of it. I always thought that it should be fine to have them around until I talked to the guy and watched the movie with grizzly man. With two such strong creatures as human and alligator together it could spell disaster for one of the two.
The goofy guy with the sunglasses is a family friend from holland who had never seen an alligator before... thats why he looks so excited!

1 comment:

  1. I agree to a certain extent that animals should be in their natural habitat and shouldn't really interact with humans unless they are MEANT to (i.e. domestic dogs, cats, birds, etc). Though it may seem harsh removing them from the lake behind your parent's house in florida, it makes perfect sense as to why they did it; if the alligator had stayed there, it would have eventually forgotten, in a sense, how to live in the wild. When I hear of people having lions, wolves, etc living with them in their homes like they are domestic creatures I honestly shake my head and think, "do you not realize they are wild animals, NOT pets?!"

    ReplyDelete