Thursday, April 26, 2012

Blog #12-the end to a new beginning!

As my last blog, I want to reflect on how this class has helped me better understand enviornmental aesthetics.  All the philosophers have contributed something that is of importance to the class and the topic.  Most recently we have discussed Henry Bugbee and his Inward Morning.  More specifically, how we are to oblivious to what nature is and has to offer us.  We tend to be materialistic and not pay attention to what is important.  All the technologies that override the true nature of our existence and what is currently existing with us.  I tend to have my Ipod in or on my phone, but I have zero skill to walk and text at the same unless it is a quick message.  I find that technology does get in the way, but we have to take an initiative to better incorporate oursleves into nature without all that technology. 
More over, this class has really helped me appreciate nature and what it has to offer.  It was a cool class with lots of interesting things to talk about.  I love nature and I love being surrounded by it.  Nature is a beautiful and mysterious thing, and as a world we need to appreciate it and take better care of it rather than just focusing on ourselves and what's important to us. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I think Bugbee's point in his essay still remains: what is the proper relationship between humans and nature? When you say "take care of it," does this mean isolating it away without our possibility of using the land altogether. The lumberjack, the farmer, and the rancher are all as close to the land as much as ecologists and naturalists. Yet, their affinity with the land derives from their use. At what point should the line be drawn?

    ReplyDelete