Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Silence

Sitting outside alone on a day like today can allow the mind to wander. Hearing the soft breeze of the wind blow against branches of the trees, the chirps of birds and whispers fill the air. You can hear the subtle noises of the cars and trucks going down the freeway. I can hear the tapping of my feet and clicks of my pen as I struggled to find thoughts to write down on my papers. As a stranger passes I hear the soft brushing grass under his feet and the jingle of his keys in his hands and swiping noises of his jeans. In the distance I can hear the little league baseball team practicing. The noises of the ball and the bat meeting together echo through the picnic areas. I get lost in the noises and begin to just sit and stare. The chirping of my phone brings me back to reality as I rush back to my car for classes. The simple act of just listening to the "silence" brings many more noises to life, it's soothing to understand how simple this can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment