Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Debussy

So I was assigned a piano paper for my class and while doing research on one of my favorite composers I just began thinking that though this music is wonderful, it's really making me more anxious and pumped up versus helping me to relax.  I turned the TV on to, yes, don't judge me, Twilight; it was what my mom was watching the other night and I was too lazy to change it.  Through doing this though, I came to the point where Claude Debussy's piece, Clair de Lune, came on.  This piece immediately changed the topic of my piano paper, as well as my mood.  I turned the TV off and immediately began doing research on Claude Debussy.  The entire time I kept the piece Clair de Lune playing.  It is calming, quiet, melodic, and honestly overall relaxing and aesthetically pleasing tone.  I later came to realize that this is the piece that my mom used to play over and over while I was growing up and I couldn't stand it because I hated classical music, but as I aged I have come to value the relaxation air that comes with classical music.  If any of you want to relax during this stressful time of the school year, or try to focus while writing a paper, whether you like classical music or not, this piece just flows with the mood you're searching for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvFH_6DNRCY


1 comment:

  1. Whenever I'm studying for a really intense exam or doing a lengthy paper I always put on Beethoven's Symphonies because truly do think it keeps me on track and opens my mind more.

    ReplyDelete