Friday, January 20, 2012

Blog #2

This is a picture of the lake my parents live on in williamstown KY. This place is my life. Most people experience this lake much differently. Most would say that they spend most of their time in the mid day sun, or practicing the various water sports. But, this is my experience. A calm oasis of beauty. I love to sit at the edge of the dock with my feet in the water watching the calm slowly rise with the fog. There are sounds of fish jumping as nature begins greeting the new day. From the text it struck me the use of descriptive words and how they have changed with the time and perception. How words like picturesque, sublime, beautiful and interesting all mean different things to different people. The perspective ofcourse has something to do with how it's described. For a person during the day they may use words such as fun, warm, busy and beautiful. When from my perception it is calm, quiet, and soothing. This place envokes a whole spectrum of feeling and emotions depending on the time of day. This is the place I find most comfort and feel most at home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment