Thursday, January 19, 2012

Panera Bread, Blog #2

While I would like to post beautiful pictures from exotic places, in reality, I haven't been on much of a vacation in a couple of years because I spend most of my previous summers behind the counters of Panera bread. For the past three and a half years I've spent more mornings than I can count opening Panera.


Panera describes its environment as 'an everyday oasis' for its customers. There were regulars who came everyday to enjoy the hot coffee and classical music with friends. For those people, they may agree with the company's tagline, but my experience behind the counter was much different. For me, Panera is associated with a stressful, fast-paced environment. The constant rush of the morning gave me reason to work hard in college so that I don't have to be a cashier for the rest of my life.

I find it interesting how two people in the same environment can have such radically different experiences. It would be hard to believe that an employee and a customer of Panera could be describing the same place: it can be so different for different people.

No comments:

Post a Comment