Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's Sierra!

My name is Sierra O'Bryan. I am a junior math and physics double major with big goals. When I grow up, I want to be a scientist. But for now, being a student takes up most of my time. I keep myself busy with the piles of homework I always seem to have. 

With the little spare time I do have, I keep busy by presidenting the Math and Physics Club and working in the Math and Physics tutoring center. Not all my time is spent being a nerd, of course. I'm also on the tennis team and a dedicated UK fan. While i was never very good at basketball, it will always be my favorite sport. 

For a long time, I wanted to be an art major when i got to college because I loved it, but I realized that I had the art skills of grade schooler. I wanted to take this class because art has remained so interesting to me and my parents have put a huge emphasis on the importance of nature. My backyard is probably my favorite place. This class seems like a combination of the two.

In less than two weeks, I'll be jetting off to Flagstaff, Arizona to study the stars for a couple of nights. I plan on bringing back awesome pictures of awesome places to share. 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't now you were going to Arizona, that's awesome! And I can completely relate to having an interest in nature; that's the main reason I signed up for the course.

    ReplyDelete