Thursday, January 19, 2012

Waikiki Beach, Hawaii ; Blog #2

This picture is from Waikiki Beach, Hawaii.  We went snorkeling with the dolphins about a mile off of the coast.  When we arrived at the snorkeling location, I looked around at the scenery taking in God's gifts of beauty.  The location was at the base of an active volcano that was producing a large amount of fog which the islanders called vog; meaning fog coming from the volcano.  Seeping through the fog were bright sun rays and huge mountains every which way you looked.  The way the sun beamed down upon the island it felt like God was speaking to us.  At this point of time I was in awe.  Upon the bright white sands were tall palm trees overlooking the sparkling water.  Among the tree line there were an abundance of tents and old run down vans where beach bums lived.  I was amazed to see actual beach bums but as I looked around I could understand part of the reasons why they would want to live in such a location as beautiful as this place was.  Experiencing nature in this way I found my self meaning of beauty.
As beautiful as the location was, I was even more astounded by the world under the water.  As we snorkeled, it was amazing to see all the different types of fish and their bright colors to the neat looking coral and reefs.  In the water you lose track of where you really are, it was truly an eye opening experience to be in a habitat that so many different species share and how beautiful it was.  When God created the world he definitely had humans in mind.  Humans and nature go hand in hand as all of us find some kind of meaning and connection to the great Lord above.  Places like Waikiki beach really make you connect to God and really appreciate what he has offered us.
I have many more photos of this location, I just can't find them right now.  If/when I find them I will share them with the rest of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment